Monday 20 August 2007

Some models

For the last few days I have taken a short break from animation and rendering to create some of the other things in my film. Some of them might not make much sense but they are all either cultural references or related to stories that people have told me that I thought were funny.


This is an anvil, obviously.


This is a deer, there would not really be a deer in a park like mine, so the shot that the deer is in will be quite entropic. It came from the story that first inspired me to make this film - A family was out walking their dog on Christmas day and the dog ran off on its own. A little later they found the dog hanging from a deers neck. I found the situation fascinating, the dog walkers would feel shame and embarrassment, the dog would be confused having thought it had just caught everybody dinner.




This is a cultural reference to the Monty Python foot. I have made it a little more grotesque with hair, and made it fit into my world in its design. It represents the ludicrous, weird end of my scale, without alienating my audience completely (as many people will have seen this joke before).



This squirrel is going to be part of my background. It will provide a temporary distraction for the dog. If I have time I will have him pop every now and again in the background to prevent my background becoming too static.

I have made more, but I think these images paint a picture of the kind of things I have been making the last few days, I will have a working animatic soon with music and a few of my jokes.

No comments: