Tuesday 17 July 2007

Animation Test




This is an animation test. I did not need to make a perfect walk cycle. I just wanted to test out my rigs to find any pitfalls, and to discover how to use Maya's animation tools.

so far I am quite happy with the way the rig for the man works. It is simple and does the job. However, I am not so happy with the Dog rig, I think I need to have less spine controls that drive the spine bones. Also I need to reconsider the feet setup, my dog design pays no attention to the actual physiology of a dog's leg which is why I went for the reverse foot setup on the dog. However after animating I found it hard to get them to look right in motion. I will be doing some more experimenting with the dog to find more suitable solutions.

It has taken quite a while to get comfortable with Maya. However, I now feel I have overcome the main obstacles presented with converting to the new software.

No comments: